Monday, April 28, 2014

Leftover {Chocolate} Recipe

This post was inspired by a business just down the street from my house. I drove by the other night and saw their sign said something along the lines of "There are no leftover chocolate recipes".

The second I saw it I had to text my husband because it reminded me of a creation he and a friend had come up with while serving a mission for our church. They called it the Maplin bar. {Their names are Mason and Esplin, hence Maplin}. Basically, they took all the leftover holiday chocolate that everyone was giving them and combined it into one huge bar. When they did this they found that although they were sick of the candy bars on their own, together it gave them a whole new taste. Esplin (sorry Elder Esplin I don't actually know your first name) actually gave us a Maplin bar for our wedding in a small Christmas themed bread pan. I did not get it at first so my husband had to tell me the story.

Now the recipe is simple.
1. Gather all your leftover chocolate.
2. Unwrap and place in a small greased pan or muffin tin depending on how much chocolate you have. You may want to cut it into smaller pieces for a more even mixture. Or you can leave the candy bars whole and you'll have a few surprises as you go through your finished bar.
3. Now bake at 350 degrees until melted. Make sure you don't burn it! You'll have to watch because it will melt differently depending on the types of candy you are using.
4. Put it in the fridge or freezer to cool and become hard.

Now if you still have any Easter candy leftover, throw it together into a Maplin bar and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment